Religious Education Programme
At Holy Cross School we follow the Religious Education Programme for Catholic Schools in Aotearoa, as designated by the Bishops of New Zealand. This programme has six main strands for each year level and the following links will show what the children are learning for Term 2:
The book is available from the School Office for $16.00 each and gives a breakdown of content across all classes as well as many helpful suggestions that can be used at home.
The classroom teacher forms the basis of the network and plays the major role in providing for the Pastoral Care of students in their class. In the Mercy Tradition, Holy Cross aims to have a school in which the atmosphere is friendly, in which standards of good behaviour are maintained and in which there is respect for other people and for property. Above all the school provides conditions in which students can work effectively and be confident, self-disciplined and motivated Catholics with strong leadership qualities. To achieve this the school has the following basic requirements:
- Students work to the best of their ability.
- Students are expected to attend regularly.
- Students are to arrive at school on time and attend all classes.
- Students will wear the correct school uniform with pride.
- Respect other people’s property and the school environment.
- To behave responsibly when representing the school.