- Trip to Vodafone Events Centre
- Trip to Tip Top Factory
10th August, 2017 – Trip to Vodafone Centre
31st August, 2017 – Trip to Tip Top Factory
- Encouraging children to use our Google classroom and google docs
|Kia ora and greetings to all Parents, Grandparents and Caregivers.
Welcome back to Term 3. We hope you had a relaxing and enjoyable holiday with family and friends. We pray that you and your family will continue to enjoy the support we give each other so we can make a difference in our tamariki ma. Please do not hesitate to contact us through the school office if you have any concerns.
We look forward to working with you again this term.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR NEW CLASS LEADERS FOR THIS TERM.
Room 14: Francis Bautista and Joseph Cherrington
Room 15: Micah Fa’afiu and Michelle Manu Joseph
Room 16: Alexander Hunt and Jacinth Salac
HOLY CROSS VALUE THIS TERM:
KEY COMPETENCY: Managing self
- This competency is associated with self-motivation, a “can-do” attitude, and with students seeing themselves as capable learners. It is integral to self-assessment.
- Students who manage themselves are enterprising, resourceful, reliable, and resilient. They establish personal goals, make plans, manage projects, and set high standards. They have strategies for meeting challenges. They know when to lead, when to follow, and when and how to act independently.
Topics for this Term
- Information Reports
- Maths Week
- Number: Multiplication and Division, Addition and Subtraction, and fractions.
- Algebra: patterns and relationships
- Times tables-Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards
- Financial Literacy- Stewardship
- Fitness-Moving to Jump Jam music
- Swimming/ Cross Country
Swimming is part of our fitness programme for this term. This is a COMPULSORY’ event and every child is expected to participate. Swimming for our area is on, every TUESDAY. Please remind your child to bring their togs, towel, goggles, spare undies, and PE gear. All children will wear their PE gear to swimming.
Music and Maori: Wednesdays
This is an extension of the school day and all children are required to complete reading, spelling, mathematics (including IXL and other suitable mathematics activities and games) on a daily basis. There may be times when students have other unfinished class work that needs to be completed. Google Docs is the platform that children will be using to complete work. Please take some time to work alongside them and comment on their work and efforts.
Please visit the school website to find out more about what is happening in the Tumanako Syndicate
The Tumanako Syndicate.
Ms Pat Helsham – Syndicate Leader (Room 14), Mrs Gass (Room 15),
Mrs Meredith (Room 16)