Term 2 May 2017
GREETINGS TO ALL PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS AND CAREGIVERS
Welcome to our second term for 2016.
Thank you for all the parent support we received last Term. We look forward to working with you in pursuit of success for our students, your children.
This term is another busy one with our winter sport exchanges and field days with our neighbouring Papatoetoe schools in rugby, netball and soccer.
The following is an overview of the topics we will be covering this term;
- Traditional and Devotional Prayers
- Holy Spirit Module
- Church Module
Letter Formation and Developing the Cursive Style.
You Can Spell Programme.
Physical World: Flight
Sports: Netball, Soccer, Rugby, League.
- Thu 4th May Sports Exchange vs Pap South
- Fri 5th May Full School Mass
- Mon 8th May Room 21 Assembly
- Tues 9th May AMI Netball starts Year 6
- Wed 10th May Maths Lead Parent Meeting 6pm Addn/Subn
- Thu 11th May AMI Netball starts Year 5
- Thu 11th May Sports Exchange vs Pap Central
- Wed 17th May Choir at Puhinui School
- Thu 19th May Sports Exchange vs SDA and Pt England
- Mon 22nd May Assembly Room 18
- Tue 23rd May Papatoetoe Zone League Tournament venue Aorere Park
- Wed 24th May Maths Parent Meeting 6pm Addn/Subn
- Thu 25th May Sports Exchange vs Puhinui
- Thu 25th May League saving day
- Thu 1st June Sports Exchange vs North.
- Thu 1st June Confirmation
- Thu 8th June Sports Exchange vs Pap East
- Sun 11th June First Holy Communion.
- Mon 12th – Fri 23rd June Book Weeks
- Tue 13th June Rugby, Soccer and Netball field days for Papatoetoe Primary Schools’ Zone at Bruce Pulman Park, Papakura (saving days 15th & 29th June)
- Wed 14th June Choir at Puhinui
- Wed 14th June Chess tournament
- Thu 15th June Over 50kg and Girls’Rugby Tournament at Puhinui School (saving day Fri 16th June
- Fri 16th June Manaakitanga Mass
- Sun 18th June First Holy Communion.
- Fri 23rd June Full School Mass – Sacred Heart of Jesus
- Sun 25th June Barbarians Rugby Tournament, Naval base, Devonport.
- Thur 6th July Reading Degree Graduation
- Fri 30th June Reports sent home.
- Mon 3rd July Parent Interviews
- Wed 5th July Parent Interviews
- Wed 5th July Whanau Day
- Fri 7th July Full School Mass.
- Fri 8th July Reading Degree Graduation.
This is an extension of the school day and all children will be expected to complete reading, spelling, basic facts and specific activities each night as directed by their class teacher. Please ensure all tasks are attempted to a good standard and that all books and work are returned to school each day as they are needed for class lessons.
Maths Parent Meetings:
A big thank you to all who attended our lead parent meeting.The focus this term is on Addition and Subtraction strategies. Please don’t be shy and get yourself involved and join us in unlocking what this maths thinking is all about! If meeting times do not suit then please arrange a more suitable time with your class teacher and their team of Lead Parents.
The winter uniform will need to be worn for all students at the start of the third week of Term 2. Please ensure your child is wearing the correct uniform and has their P.E. uniform at school everyday. Children need plain black shorts (no stripes or monograms). Remember we do not allow any nail polish or jewellery apart from a pair of stud earrings and a watch. Hair should be tied up in the school colours.
Could you also please check to see that all clothing and footwear is clearly named as this enables us to return any articles of clothing that may be misplaced. All children must bring a note if they are not wearing the correct uniform.
The following has been scheduled for our sports exchanges. Only children chosen for these teams will be involved.
Week 1 vs South (bus) Start 1.10pm
At South: Rugby U40&U50kg, Netball C&D, Girls’ Soccer
At Holy Cross: Netball A&B, Boys’ Soccer A&B
Week 2 vs Central (walk)Start 1.30pm
At Central: Rugby U40kg, Netball E&F
At Pap Rec (TBC): Girls’ Soccer, Boys’ Soccer A&B
At Holy Cross: Netball A, B, C&D
Week 3 vs SDA (walk or vans) vs Pt England (bus) Start 1.15pm
At SDA: 2 netball teams (TBA), 1 soccer team
At Pt England: Under 50kg rugby, Over 50kg rugby, Girls’ Open rugby
Week 4 vs Puhinui (walk) Start 1.10pm
At Puhinui: Rugby U40kg, Boys’ Soccer A&B, Netball C, D, E&F
At Holy Cross: Netball A&B, Girls’ Soccer
Week 5 vs North (bus) Start 1.10pm
At North: Rugby U40&U50kg, Netball E&F, Girls’ Soccer
At Holy Cross: Netball A, B, C&D, Boys’ Soccer A&B
Week 6 vs East (bus) Start 1.20pm
At East: Rugby U40kg, Netball C, D, E&F, Girls’ Soccer
At Holy Cross: Netball A&B, Boys’ Soccer A&B
Games vs North and East require $1 from all teams to assist with transport costs.
Rugby – need a moulded mouthguard, plain black shorts.
Soccer – need plain black shorts.
Netball – girls wear their uniforms and netball footwear.
Netball teams – A = 6A, B = 6B, C = 5A, D = 5B, E = 6C, F – 5C
The Reading Degree is designed to encourage your child to read a lot more, and to hopefully, get enjoyment out of reading. All children should have a booklet explaining how to achieve the different degrees offered. A graduation ceremony will be held in Week 10.
The Manaakitanga Syndicate.
Shaun Ginders (Room 21), Janice Sharma (Room 22), & Bryan ‘Ofamo’oni (Room 18 and Senior Teacher).