Welcome to the Manaakitanga Syndicate page, featuring Year 5 and 6 children from Rooms 17, 18 and 19.
Term 3 July 2020
GREETINGS TO ALL PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS AND CAREGIVERS
Welcome to our third term for 2020.
Thank you for all the parent support we received last term.
This term is another busy one with sports exchanges, St Anne’s Shield, Holy Cross Week and more!
The following is an overview of the topics we will be covering this term;
- Imaginative and Meditative Prayers
- Sacrament Module
- Church Module
Letter Formation and Developing the Cursive Style.
You Can Spell Programme.
- Rethink, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Material World: Plastics
Sports: Netball, Soccer, Rugby, Rippa, Cross-country, League, Gymnastics.
Myths and Legends
- Thu 23rd July Sports Exchange vs South
- Fri 24th July Full School Mass
- Mon 27th July Monday swimming begins
- Mon 27th July Parent Interviews
- Wed 29th July Parent Interviews
- Thu 30th July Sports Exchange vs Central
- Thu 30th July AMI Netball begins
- Mon 3rd August Room 19 Assembly
- Thurs 6th August Sports Exchange vs North
- Fri 7th August Pedal Power Room 18
- Mon 10th-14th August Maths Week
- Tues 11th August Reading Degree Graduation
- Thurs 13th August Mathex at Pap Central
- Thurs 13th August Sports Exchange vs East
- Wed 14th August Full School Mass – Assumption
- Mon 17th-20th August Art Week
- Tue 18th August Sports Exchange vs Puhinui
- Fri 21st August Teacher Only Day
- Mon 24th August Class Photos
- Tues 25th August Confirmation 6pm
- Thurs 27th August Sports Exchange vs SDA
- Fri 4th Sept Art Show
- Sun 6th Sept First Holy Communion A-M
- Mon 7th -11th Sept Book Week
- Tue 8th Sept Cross Country Zone Event (save days 10th and 15th September)
- Wed 9th Sept Counties Rugby League (save day TBC)
- Sun 13th Sept First Holy Communion N-Z
- 14th-18th September Holy Cross Week
- Wed 10th September Zone Speech Final
- Fri 18th September Full School Mass: Feast of the Holy Cross
- Tue 22nd September St.Anne’s Shield (save day Thur 24th September)
- Tue 22nd September Zone Gymnastics Competition
- Fri 25th September Full School Mass.
This is an extension of the school day and all children will be expected to complete reading, spelling, basic facts and specific activities each night as directed by their class teacher. Please ensure all tasks are attempted to a good standard and that all books and work are returned to school each day as they are needed for class lessons.
Please ensure your child is wearing the correct uniform and has their P.E. uniform at school everyday. Children need plain black shorts (no stripes or monograms). Remember we do not allow any nail polish or jewellery apart from a pair of stud earrings and a watch. Hair should be tied up in the school colours.
Could you also please check to see that all clothing and footwear is clearly named as this enables us to return any articles of clothing that may be misplaced. All children must bring a note if they are not wearing the correct uniform.
The Find Your Field of Dreams Foundation will be sponsoring free swimming lessons for Year 5 and 6 students. All students are expected to participate. Lessons will be every Monday, for 7 weeks, starting on the 27th of July.
Due to Covid 19 and the cancellation of inter school sport in Term 2, we will spend the first 6 weeks having sports exchanges with our neighbouring Papatoetoe schools. As some of them have less teams than us, some teams only have a few games.
The Manaakitanga Syndicate.
Sherwin Stowers (Room 17), Ahriel Siluuga (Room 19) & Bryan ‘Ofamo’oni (Room 18 and Senior Teacher).