Welcome to the Manaakitanga Syndicate page, featuring Year 5 and 6 children from Rooms 17, 18 and 19.
Term 4 October 2019
GREETINGS TO ALL PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS AND CAREGIVERS
Welcome to our final term for 2019.
Thank you for all the parent support we received last term.
This term is another busy one with Athletics, Cultural Festival, Prizegiving, Year 6 Camp and more!
The following is an overview of the topics we will be covering this term;
- Church Module
- Communion of Saints Module
- Information Reports
Letter Formation and Developing the Cursive Style.
You Can Spell Programme.
- Saints and Inspiring People
Keeping Ourselves Safe
Planet Earth and Beyond: Volcanoes
Small Ball Skills
- Thur 17th October Trip to Mangere Mountain
- Fri 18th October Full School Mass
- Tues 22nd October School Athletics Day
- Tues 22nd October Music Soiree
- Thurs 24th October PAT Testing
- Fri 25th October PAT/STAR Testing
- Fri 1st November Full School Mass – All Saints
- Mon 4th November Hooked On Cricket Tournament
- Thurs 7th November Cultural Festival
- Fri 8th November Syndicate Mass
- Mon 11th November PACT Primary Chess Tournament
- Sat 16th November School Fair
- Tues 19th November Zone Athletics Tournament (Save days Thurs 21st & Tues 26th)
- 27th-29th November Year 6 Camp
- Tues 3rd December Year 6 Leaders CARE Day
- Fri 6th December Full School Mass: Gifting Mass
- Tue 10th December Prize giving
- Thurs 12th December Year 6 Graduation
- Fri 13th December Reports Home
- Wed 18th December Full School End of Year Mass
This is an extension of the school day and all children will be expected to complete reading, spelling, basic facts and specific activities each night as directed by their class teacher. Please ensure all tasks are attempted to a good standard and that all books and work are returned to school each day as they are needed for class lessons.
Please ensure your child is wearing the correct uniform and has their P.E. uniform at school everyday. Children need plain black shorts (no stripes or monograms). Remember we do not allow any nail polish or jewellery apart from a pair of stud earrings and a watch. Hair should be tied up in the school colours.
Could you also please check to see that all clothing and footwear is clearly named as this enables us to return any articles of clothing that may be misplaced. All children must bring a note if they are not wearing the correct uniform.
Summer uniform should be worn after Labour Day. Only Year 6 Boys may wear shoes. ALL children are expected to have school hats to wear.
Yours Sincerely,The Manaakitanga Syndicate.
Sherwin Stowers (Room 17), Kenneth Wilson (Room 19) & Bryan ‘Ofamo’oni (Room 18 and Senior Teacher).