Term 4 October 2020
GREETINGS TO ALL PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS AND CAREGIVERS
Welcome to our final term for 2020.
Thank you for all the parent support we received last term.
This term is another busy one with Athletics, Cultural Festival, Prizegiving, Year 6 Camp and more!
The following is an overview of the topics we will be covering this term;
- Church Module
- Communion of Saints Module
- Information Reports
Letter Formation and Developing the Cursive Style.
You Can Spell Programme.
Keeping Ourselves Safe
Natural World: Native Bush
Small Ball Skills
Sports: Cross-country, Athletics
Printing: Native Bush
- Fri 16th October Manaakitanga Election
- Fri 16th October Full School Mass
- Mon 19th October Art Display at Papatoetoe North Primary School
- Thurs 22nd October Zone Cross-country
- Fri 23rd October School disco
- Wed 28th October School Athletics Day (Thurs 29th Oct Saving Day)
- Fri 30th October Full School Mass – All Saints
- Mon 2nd – 6th November Testing week
- Tues 3rd November Confirmation
- Wed 4th November Papatoetoe Zone Speech Finals
- Wed 4th November Music Soiree
- Sun 8th November Holy Communion A-M
- Wed 11th November Manaakitanga Trip to Auckland Botanic Gardens
- Sun 15th November Holy Communion N-Z
- Mon 16th November Class Photos
- Tues 17th November Zone Athletics Tournament (Save days Thurs 19th & Tues 24th)
- Fri 20th November Manaakitanga Syndicate Mass
- Fri 20th November Rainbow’s End for Year 6 Boy service
- 25th-27th November Year 6 Camp
- Fri 4th December Full School Mass: Gifting Mass
- Tues 8th December Quikhit Girls’Cricket Tournament
- Fri 11th December Reports sent home
- Tue 15th December Prize giving
- Wed 16th December Year 6 Graduation
- Thu 17th December Year 6 Leavers’ Assembly
- Thu 17th December Full School End of Year Mass
This is an extension of the school day and all children will be expected to complete reading, spelling, basic facts and specific activities each night as directed by their class teacher. Please ensure all tasks are attempted to a good standard and that all books and work are returned to school each day as they are needed for class lessons.
Please ensure your child is wearing the correct uniform and has their P.E. uniform at school everyday. Children need plain black shorts (no stripes or monograms). Remember we do not allow any nail polish or jewellery apart from a pair of stud earrings and a watch. Hair should be tied up in the school colours.
Could you also please check to see that all clothing and footwear is clearly named as this enables us to return any articles of clothing that may be misplaced. All children must bring a note if they are not wearing the correct uniform.
Summer uniform should be worn after Labour Day. Only Year 6 Boys may wear shoes. ALL children are expected to have school hats to wear.
At any time our school dates and fixtures may be subject to Covid 19 Alert Levels.
The Manaakitanga Syndicate.
Sherwin Stowers (Room 17), Ahriel Siluuga (Room 19) & Bryan ‘Ofamo’oni (Room 18 and Senior Teacher).