Bouncy Egg Science Experiment
Glass or Jar
1. Get a raw egg and carefully place it into a glass or jar
2. Fill the glass with white vinegar until the egg is completely submerged
3. Leave the egg in the glass for 1-3 days. Each day check back on the egg. When the egg has
started to become translucent you will know it is ready.
4. Remove the egg from the glass and rinse it under some tap water. While rinsing the egg gently
rub the outside of the egg and the white film will come off leaving you will a translucent egg.
5. Examine the egg. You’ll notice that is feels rubbery (like a bouncy ball). Then lift the egg 1-2
inches in the air, let go and watch it bounce. Helpful Tip: And be sure to do the bouncing on a
plate or other container…just in case.
6. When you are ready for some messy fun, lift the egg a little higher in the air and let it