TERM 4 NEWSLETTER 2019
Greetings Grandparents, Parents and Caregivers,
Welcome back to school and the final term of 2019. Thank you to you all for your continual support of our children. This term is another exciting term for us. We have a trip to the Stardome and we also have a special morning for some very special people in our lives.
Topics this term:
- COMMUNION OF SAINTS- LIFE, DEATH & CHRISTIAN HOPE
- INFORMATION REPORTS
- PROCEDURAL WRITING
- Children continue to work using the format for Years 3 and 4.
- Children continue to work from their current YOU CAN SPELL book level.
- Children will have a Schonell spelling test to determine their Spelling age.
- Children continue to read at their ability level.
- We would encourage children to read daily at home to increase their reading mileage.
- To use reading theory for comprehension.
- NUMBER: ADD/ SUBTRACT, MULTIPLICATION/ DIVISION, FRACTIONS
- Encourage children to continue using IXL at home.
- Special people in our lives: GRANDPARENTS
- Community Health: LOOKING AFTER ME
- Physical world: LIGHT AND COLOUR
- Large Ball skills
- Fitness run every morning except Fridays.
Simple 3D crafts for Christmas gifts using a variety of media
Friday 18th October Full School Mass
Monday 21st October GLOSS testing begins
Tuesday 22nd October Music Soiree
Tuesday 29th October PAT Testing begins for Year 4 children
Wednesday 30th October PAT for Year 4 children /STAR Testing
Thursday 31st October E Asttle Reading and Maths testing
Friday 1st November Full School Mass – All Saints
Tuesday 5th November Trip to Stardome
Thursday 7th November Cultural Festival
Friday 15th November Syndicate Mass
Saturday 16th November School Fair
Tuesday 3rd December Grandparents morning
Friday 6th December Full School Mass: Gifting Mass
Tuesday 10th December Year 4 Prize giving 11am
Thursday 12th December Year 6 and 8 Graduation
Friday 13th December Reports sent home
Wednesday 18th December Full School End of Year Mass/ Last day of school
This is an extension of the school day and all children will be expected to complete reading, spelling, basic facts, sunshine online and IXL activities daily. Occasionally they will get extra work to finish at home.
Please ensure your child is wearing the correct uniform and has their P.E. uniform at school every day. Children need plain black shorts (no stripes or monograms). The boys should not be using their school shorts to do their PE activities in. Hair should be tied up in the school colours.
Please check to see that all clothing and footwear is clearly named as this enables us to return any articles of clothing that may be misplaced.
All children must bring a note if they are not wearing the correct uniform.
The correct summer uniform should be worn after Labour Day. ALL children are expected to have school hats to wear.
Sometimes we forget to say this but thank you so much to all our Parent Helpers and supporters this year. Without your assistance we could not have done any of our outside school activities. As it says in St Paul’s letter to the Philippians 1: 3 “We thank our God each time we remember you, and when we pray for you all we pray with joy.”
We appreciate everything you do for our Team Tumanako.
May God continue to bless us and our families.
From the team
Maureen Gass, George Latu, Pat. Helsham