Term 3 July 2019
GREETINGS TO ALL PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS AND CAREGIVERS
Welcome to our third term for 2019.
Thank you for all the parent support we received last term.
This term is another busy one with sports, St Anne’s Shield, Holy Cross Week and more!
The following is an overview of the topics we will be covering this term;
- Imaginative and Meditative Prayers
- Sacrament Module
- Church Module
Letter Formation and Developing the Cursive Style.
You Can Spell Programme.
- Financial Literacy
Physical World: Kitchen Chemistry
Sports: Netball, Soccer, Rugby, Rippa, Cross-country, Gymnastics.
- Fri 26th July Full School Mass
- Mon 29th July Monday swimming begins
- Wed 31st July Choir Rehearsal- Puhinui
- Fri 2nd August World of Maths Show
- Mon 5th August Room 19’s Assembly
- Tues 6th August Room 18 trip to New World
- Wed 7th August Whetu and Nick Show at Vodafone Event Centre
- Thurs 8th August Room 17 trip to New World
- Fri 9th August Room 19 trip to New World
- Tues 13th August Kids Sing Primary at Town Hall
- Tues 13th August Confirmation 6pm Church
- Thurs 15th August Full School Mass – Assumption
- Fri 16th August Aims Fundraiser Disco
- Mon 19th August Class Photos
- Wed 21st August Choir Rehearsal at Puhinui
- Tue 20th August Papatoetoe Cluster Rippa Tournament (Thur 22nd August save day)
- Thurs 22nd August Year 5&6 Speech Final
- Wed 28th August Choir Rehearsal at Puhinui
- Wed 28th August School Production 7pm
- Thu 29th August Mufti Day
- Thu 29th August School Production 7pm
- Fri 30th August Daffodil Day
- 2nd -6th September Book Week and Tongan Language Week
- Wed 4th September Choir Dress rehearsal – Vodafone Event Centre9.30-2pm
- Wed 4th September Choir Performance Event Centre 7pm
- 9th-13th September Holy Cross Week
- Mon 9th September Last Monday swimming lesson.
- Tue 10th September Cross Country Zone Event (save days 12th and 17th September)
- Thurs 12th September Scripture Cup
- Fri 13th September Full School Mass: Feast of the Holy Cross
- Tues 17th September Auckland Rugby Champs (Save day Thurs 19th September)
- Fri 20th September Syndicate Mass
- Tue 24th September St.Anne’s Shield (save day Thu 26th September)
- Tue 24th September Zone Gymnastics Competition
- Fri 27th September Full School Mass.
This is an extension of the school day and all children will be expected to complete reading, spelling, basic facts and specific activities each night as directed by their class teacher. Please ensure all tasks are attempted to a good standard and that all books and work are returned to school each day as they are needed for class lessons.
Please ensure your child is wearing the correct uniform and has their P.E. uniform at school everyday. Children need plain black shorts (no stripes or monograms). Remember we do not allow any nail polish or jewellery apart from a pair of stud earrings and a watch. Hair should be tied up in the school colours.
Could you also please check to see that all clothing and footwear is clearly named as this enables us to return any articles of clothing that may be misplaced. All children must bring a note if they are not wearing the correct uniform.
The Find Your Field of Dreams Foundation will be sponsoring free swimming lessons for Year 5 and 6 students. All students are expected to participate. Lessons will be every Monday, for 8 weeks, starting on the 29th of July.
Trip to New World:
As part of our ‘Soup Wars’, which incorporates elements from our Health, Science and Social Science topic, we will be visiting New World to buy cooking items. Children will be in groups of 4 and will provide $2.50 each towards the group budget. A few parent helpers to walk with us would be welcome. A more detailed permission slip will be issued.
Yours Sincerely,The Manaakitanga Syndicate.
Sherwin Stowers (Room 17), Kenneth Wilson (Room 19) & Bryan ‘Ofamo’oni (Room 18 and Senior Teacher).