Term 1 July 2019
GREETINGS TO ALL PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS AND CAREGIVERS
Welcome to all our new parents for 2019.
We hope that you had a wonderful New Year!
We have started the year well with a lot of things happening. We hope that we will have a successful first term and appreciate all the love and support that you give to your children.
The following is an overview of the topics we will be covering this term;
- Created in the Image of God
- God Strand
- Lent Module
- Holy Week
- Information Reports
Letter Formation and Developing the Cursive Style.
You Can Spell Programme.
- Statistics and Probability.
- Korero Tuku Iho : how the past is remembered in different ways
Team Building and Hauora
Living World: The Estuary
Large Ball Skills
Sports: Swimming, Rippa, Cricket, Playball, Rugby, Netball, Soccer
- Mon 4th February School Starts
- Fri 15th Feb Full School Mass
- Mon 18th Feb Meet the Teacher evening
- Fri 22nd Feb Syndicate Mass
- Fri 1st March Estuary Trip
- Mon 4th-8th March Testing Week
- Tues 5th March Zone Swimming Competition
- Wed 6th March Ash Wednesday
- Wed 6th March Southern Zone Rippa Championship
- Thur 7th March Rippa saving day
- Thur 14th March Whaiora Marae Trip
- Tues 19th March Cricket and Playball Zone Tournaments
- Thurs 21st March Cricket and Playball saving day
- Fri 12th April Full School Mass.
This is an extension of the school day and all children will be expected to complete reading, spelling, basic facts and specific activities each night as directed by their class teacher. Please ensure all tasks are attempted to a good standard and that all books and work are returned to school each day as they are needed for class lessons.
Please ensure your child is wearing the correct uniform and has their P.E. uniform at school everyday. Children need plain black shorts (no stripes or monograms). Remember we do not allow any nail polish or jewellery apart from a pair of stud earrings and a watch. Hair should be tied up in the school colours.
Could you also please check to see that all clothing and footwear is clearly named as this enables us to return any articles of clothing that may be misplaced. All children must bring a note if they are not wearing the correct uniform.
The Manaakitanga Syndicate.
Sherwin Stowers (Room 17), Kenneth Wilson (Room 19) & Bryan ‘Ofamo’oni (Room 18 and Senior Teacher).