Term 3 July 2018
GREETINGS TO ALL PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS AND CAREGIVERS
Welcome to our third term for 2018.
Thank you for all the parent support we received last term.
This term is another busy one with sports, St Anne’s Shield, Holy Cross Week and more!
The following is an overview of the topics we will be covering this term;
- Imaginative and Meditative Prayers
- Sacrament Module
- Church Module
- Information Reports
Letter Formation and Developing the Cursive Style.
You Can Spell Programme.
- Rethink, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Material World: Plastics
Sports: Netball, Soccer, Rugby, Rippa, Cross-country, Gymnastics.
- Mon 23rd July – Fri 3rd August Book Week
- Fri 27th July Full School Mass
- Mon 30th July Monday swimming begins
- Fri 10th August Syndicate Mass
- Wed 15th August Full School Mass – Assumption
- Tue 21st August Papatoetoe Cluster Rippa Tournament (Thur 23rd August save day)
- Mon 20th August Class Photos
- Thu 6th September Year 5&6 Speech Final
- 10th-14th September Holy Cross Week
- Wed 12th September Scripture Cup
- Fri 14th September Full School Mass: Feast of the Holy Cross
- Fri 14th to Fri 21st Holy Cross Weeek
- Tue 18th September Cross Country Zone Event (save days 20th and 27th September)
- Tue 18th September Anne’s Shield (save day Fri 21st September)
- Mon 10 September Last Monday swimming lesson.
- Tue 25th September Zone Gymnastics Competition
- Fri 28th September Full School Mass.
This is an extension of the school day and all children will be expected to complete reading, spelling, basic facts and specific activities each night as directed by their class teacher. Please ensure all tasks are attempted to a good standard and that all books and work are returned to school each day as they are needed for class lessons.
Please ensure your child is wearing the correct uniform and has their P.E. uniform at school everyday. Children need plain black shorts (no stripes or monograms). Remember we do not allow any nail polish or jewellery apart from a pair of stud earrings and a watch. Hair should be tied up in the school colours.
Could you also please check to see that all clothing and footwear is clearly named as this enables us to return any articles of clothing that may be misplaced. All children must bring a note if they are not wearing the correct uniform.
The Find Your Field of Dreams Foundation will be sponsoring free swimming lessons for Year 5 and 6 students. All students are expected to participate. Lessons will be every Monday, for 8 weeks, starting on the 30th of July.
Yours Sincerely,The Manaakitanga Syndicate.
Sherwin Stowers (Room 17), Shaun Ginders (Room 21) & Bryan ‘Ofamo’oni (Room 18 and Senior Teacher).