Term 4 October 2017
GREETINGS TO ALL PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS AND CAREGIVERS
Welcome to our final term for 2017.
This is yet another busy term with a lot of special events mixed in with our usual blend of the full range of curricula and a variety of sports.
A big thank you to our parent helpers who assisted at our successful trip to Mangere Mountain.
The following is an overview of the topics we will be covering this term;
- Communion of Saints Module
- Advent / Christmas
- Character description.
Letter Formation and Developing the Cursive Style.
You Can Spell Programme.
Planet Earth and Beyond: Volcanoes
Keeping Ourselves Safe
Printing and 3D art
Sports: Auckland Champs Cricket, School Athletics, Papatoetoe Zone Athletics.
- SPECIAL EVENTS.
- Tues 17th October Mangere Mountain trip Room 18 & 22
- Wed 18th October Mangere Mountain trip Room 21
- Fri 19th October Full School Mass
- Mon 23rd October Labour Day.
- Wed 25th October Cricket Girls Quikhit Tournamnet
- Thur 26th October Mufti Day
- Tues 31st October School Athletics Day at Omana Park
- Wed 1st November All Saints Day Mass.
- Thurs 2nd November All Souls Day Liturgy
- Sat 4th November School Fair.
- Thur 9th November Catholic Chess Tournament
- Mon 13th November Samoan and Kapa Haka Assembly.
- Tue 21st November Papatoetoe Zone Athletics at Omana Park.
- Thu 23rd November Athletics Saving Day.
- Mon 27th November Ukulele Group Assembly.
- Tue 28th November Athletics Saving Day 2.
- Wed 29th-1st December Year 6 Camp.
- Thu 30th November Year 6 overnight stay.
- Fri 8th December Gifting Mass
- Fri 8th December Reports sent home
- Mon 11th December Year 6 Boys and Year 8 Girls Leavers’ Assembly.
- Tue 12th December School Prizegiving
- Wed 13th December Year 6 Boys and Year 8 Girls’ Graduation in the hall.
- Thu 14th December End of Year Full School Mass
This is an extension of the school day and all children will be expected to complete reading, spelling, basic facts and specific activities each night as directed by their class teacher. Please ensure all tasks are attempted and all books and work are returned to school each day as they are needed for class lessons.
All children should be in full summer uniform after Labour Day. Only Year 6 boys may wear shoes and socks. The rest should be in sandals. Hats are a part of the summer uniform and should be worn at school breaks during Term 4.
Please ensure that your child is wearing the correct uniform and has their P.E. uniform at school everyday. Children need plain black shorts (no stripes or monograms). Remember we do not allow any nail polish or jewellery apart from a pair of stud earrings and a watch. Hair should be tied up in the school colours.
Could you also please check to see that all clothing and footwear is clearly named as this enables us to return any articles of clothing that may be misplaced. All children must bring a note if they are not wearing the correct uniform.
Thank you for your continued support.
Kindest Regards and God’s Blessings,
The Manaakitanga Syndicate.
Shaun Ginders (Rm 21), Janice Sharma(Rm 22), & Bryan ‘Ofamo’oni (Room 18 and Senior Teacher).