Term 3 July 2017
GREETINGS TO ALL PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS AND CAREGIVERS
Welcome to our third term for 2017.
This is yet another busy term with a lot of special events mixed in with our usual blend of the full range of curricula and a variety of sports.
The following is an overview of the topics we will be covering this term;
- Prayer Module
- Sacrament Module
- Church Module
- Procedural Writing
Letter Formation and Developing the Cursive Style.
You Can Spell Programme.
Material World: Kitchen Chemistry
Sports: Rippa Rugby, Gymnastics, St Anne’s Shield (Touch, Netball, Soccer, Rugby), Auckland Champs Rugby, Cross-country.
- SPECIAL EVENTS.
- Fri 28th July Full School Mass
- Fri 4th August Manaakitanga Syndicate Mass
- Thur 10th August Year 5 & 6 Speech Final, 11.15am in hall.
- Mon 14th August -Fri 18th August Maths Week
- Tuesday 15th August Assumption of Mary
- Tues 22nd August Papatoetoe Rippa Tournament.
- Thurs 24th August Papatoetoe Rippa saving day.
- Mon 28th August Class Photos.
- Mon 28th August Room 22 Assembly
- Thur 31st August Papatoetoe Mathex competition.
- Mon 11th to Fri 15th September HOLY CROSS WEEK (details of events to be finalised).
- Mon 11th September -Fri 15th September Maori Language Week
- Tues 12th September Anne’s Shield at Bruce Pulman Park.
- Wed 13th September Auckland Champs Rugby Finals– Open Girls and Open Boys teams
- Thurs 14th September Full School Mass for Feast of the Holy Cross
- Thurs 14th September Anne’s Shield saving day.
- Fri 15th September Liturgical Dance Display
- Sun 17th September to Tues 18th September Rippa Nationals in Wellington
- Tues 19th September Cross Country Zones.
- Thur 21st September Fair Mufti Day.
- Thur 21st September Cross Country Zones saving day.
- Tue 26th September Zone Gymnastics at Gym City
- Tue 26th September Counties-Manukau Soccer Championships – Girls’ team
- Thurs 28th September Kapa Haka Day Papatoetoe North
- Fri 28th September Full School Mass
This is an extension of the school day and all children will be expected to complete reading, spelling, basic facts and specific activities each night as directed by their class teacher. Please ensure all tasks are attempted and all books and work are returned to school each day as they are needed for class lessons.
Winter uniform this term. Please ensure that your child is wearing the correct uniform and has their P.E. uniform at school everyday. Children need plain black shorts (no stripes or monograms). Remember we do not allow any nail polish or jewellery apart from a pair of stud earrings and a watch. Hair should be tied up in the school colours.
Could you also please check to see that all clothing and footwear is clearly named as this enables us to return any articles of clothing that may be misplaced. All children must bring a note if they are not wearing the correct uniform.
Thank you for your continued support.
Kindest Regards and God’s Blessings,
The Manaakitanga Syndicate.
Janice Sharma (Rm 22), Shaun Ginders(Rm 21), & Bryan ‘Ofamo’oni (Senior Teacher).