Term 4 October 2016
GREETINGS TO ALL PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS AND CAREGIVERS
Welcome to our final term for 2016.
This is yet another busy term with a lot of special events mixed in with our usual blend of the full range of curricula and a variety of sports.
We have a field trip to the Arataki Centre in the Waitakere Ranges as part of our Science topic on the native bush. We will need parent help so if you are able to assist us on the day then it would be much appreciated.
The following is an overview of the topics we will be covering this term;
- Sacrament Strand:
- Communion of Saints Module : Mary
- Advent / Christmas
- Character description.
Letter Formation and Developing the Cursive Style.
You Can Spell Programme.
The Living World: The Native Bush
Keeping Ourselves Safe
Printing, collage and clay.
Small ball skills
Sports: Cricket, School Athletics, Papatoetoe Zone Athletics.
Playing and reading simple melodies on the ukulele.
Thank you mihi
- SPECIAL EVENTS.
- Thurs 13th October Swimming lessons start.
- Fri 14th October Full School Mass
- Wed 19th October Girls’ Quickhit cricket tournament.
- Mon 24th October Labour Day.
- Tue 25th October School Athletics Day at Omana Park
- Wed 26th October Athletics saving day.
- Thur 27th October MIT Sports Skill session / Cricket Blitz starts
- Tues 1st November All Saints Day Mass.
- Thur 3rd November Mufti Day.
- Fri 4th November Ukulele Group rehearsal
- Wed 9th November Hooked on cricket tournament
- Sat 12th November School Fair.
- Tue 15th November Papatoetoe Zone Athletics at Omana Park.
- Wed 16th October Arataki Centre Trip.
- Thur 17th November Athletics Saving Day.
- Tue 22nd November Athletics Saving Day 2.
- Wed 23rd -25th November Year 6 Camp.
- Thu 24th November Year 6 overnight stay.
- Fri 2nd December Gifting Mass
- Wed 8th December Carol Cultural Service.
- Fri 9th December Senior School Prizegiving.
- Fri 9th December Reports sent home.
- Mon 12th December Year 6 Boys Graduation 7pm in the hall.
- Wed 14th December Year 6 Boys and Year 8 Girls Leavers’ Assembly.
- Wed 14th December End of Year Full School Mass
This is an extension of the school day and all children will be expected to complete reading, spelling, basic facts and specific activities each night as directed by their class teacher. Please ensure all tasks are attempted and all books and work are returned to school each day as they are needed for class lessons.
All children should be in full summer uniform after Labour Day. Only Year 6 boys may wear shoes and socks. The rest should be in sandals. Hats are a part of the summer uniform and should be worn at school breaks during Term 4.
Please ensure that your child is wearing the correct uniform and has their P.E. uniform at school everyday. Children need plain black shorts (no stripes or monograms). Remember we do not allow any nail polish or jewellery apart from a pair of stud earrings and a watch. Hair should be tied up in the school colours.
Could you also please check to see that all clothing and footwear is clearly named as this enables us to return any articles of clothing that may be misplaced. All children must bring a note if they are not wearing the correct uniform.
Thank you for your continued support.
Kindest Regards and God’s Blessings,
The Manaakitanga Syndicate.
Sarda Pancha (Room 20), Shaun Ginders(Room 21) & Bryan ‘Ofamo’oni (Senior Teacher Room 22).