Term 3 July 2016
GREETINGS TO ALL PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS AND CAREGIVERS
Welcome to our third term for 2016.
Thank you for all the parent support we received last term.
This term is another busy one with sports, St Anne’s Shield, Holy Cross Week and more!
The following is an overview of the topics we will be covering this term;
- Imaginative Prayers
- Church Module
- Sacrament Module
Letter Formation and Developing the Cursive Style.
You Can Spell Programme.
- Numeracy : Fraction, proportions and ratios.
Material World: Materials
Sports: Netball, Soccer, Rugby, Rippa, Cross-country, Gymnastics.
Music with Ms Hoera
- Fri 29th July Full School Mass
- Mon 1st August Room 20 Assembly
- Tue 2nd August Choir perform
- Thu 4th August Samoan Speech Nationals at Malaeola
- Fri 5th August Syndicate Mass
- Thu 11th August Auckland Rugby League Champs
- Mon 15th August Full School Mass – Assumption
- Tue 23rd August Papatoetoe Cluster Rippa Tournament (Thur 25th August save day)
- Mon 29th August Room 22 Assembly
- Mon 29th August Team Photos
- Wed 31st August Class photos
- 12th-16th September Holy Cross Week
- Tue 13th September Anne’s Shield (save day Tue 15th September)
- Tue 13th September Cross Country Zone Event (save days 15th and 22nd September)
- Wed 14th September Full School Mass: Feast of the Holy Cross
- Fri 16th September Creativity Display
- Tue 20th September Zone Gymnastics Competition
- Fri 23rd September Full School Mass.
This is an extension of the school day and all children will be expected to complete reading, spelling, basic facts and specific activities each night as directed by their class teacher. Please ensure all tasks are attempted to a good standard and that all books and work are returned to school each day as they are needed for class lessons.
Please ensure your child is wearing the correct uniform and has their P.E. uniform at school everyday. Children need plain black shorts (no stripes or monograms). Remember we do not allow any nail polish or jewellery apart from a pair of stud earrings and a watch. Hair should be tied up in the school colours.
Could you also please check to see that all clothing and footwear is clearly named as this enables us to return any articles of clothing that may be misplaced. All children must bring a note if they are not wearing the correct uniform.
Yours Sincerely,The Manaakitanga Syndicate.
Sarda Pancha (Room 20), Shaun Ginders (Room 21) & Bryan ‘Ofamo’oni (Room 22 and Senior Teacher).