Term 2 May 2016
GREETINGS TO ALL PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS AND CAREGIVERS
Welcome to our second term for 2016.
Thank you for all the parent support we received last Term. We look forward to working with you in pursuit of success for our students, your children.
This term is another busy one with our winter sport exchanges and field days with our neighbouring Papatoetoe schools in rugby, netball and soccer.
The following is an overview of the topics we will be covering this term;
- Traditional and Devotional Prayers
- Holy Spirit Module
- Sacrament Module
Letter Formation and Developing the Cursive Style.
You Can Spell Programme.
- Numeracy :
Healthy Habits: Healthy Choices
Physical World: Flight
Sports: Netball, Soccer, Rugby, League.
- Thu 5th May Sports Exchange vs Puhinui
- Fri 9th May Full School Mass
- Mon 9th May Room 21 Assembly
- Tues 10th May AMI Netball starts Year 6
- Thu 12th May AMI Netball starts Year 5
- 16th -27th June Book Week
- Wed 18th May Maths Lead Parent Meeting 6pm Mult/Div
- Thu 19th May Sports Exchange vs East
- Tue 24th May Papatoetoe Zone League Tournament venue TBA
- Wed 25th May Maths Parent Meeting 6pm Mult/Div
- Thu 26th May Sports Exchange vs Central
- Thu 26th May League saving day
- Fri 27th May Manaakitanga Mass
- Thu 2nd June Sports Exchange vs North.
- Thu 2nd June Confirmation
- Fri 3rd June Full School Mass – Sacred Heart of Jesus
- Thu 9th June Sports Exchange vs SDA
- Sun 12th June First Holy Communion.
- Wed 15th June MOTAT trip – Flight and Inventors
- Sun 19th June First Holy Communion.
- Sun 19th June Barbarians Rugby Tournament, Naval base, Devonport.
- Wed 21st June Rugby, Soccer and Netball field days for Papatoetoe Primary Schools’ Zone at Bruce Pulman Park, Papakura (saving days 23rd & 28th June)
- Wed 22nd June Chess tournament
- Thu 23rd June Over 50kg Rugby Tournament at Puhinui School (saving day Fri 24th June)
- Fri 1st July Reports sent home.
- Mon 4th July Parent Interviews
- Wed 6th July Parent Interviews
- Fri 8th July Full School Mass.
- Fri 8th July Reading Degree Graduation.
This is an extension of the school day and all children will be expected to complete reading, spelling, basic facts and specific activities each night as directed by their class teacher. Please ensure all tasks are attempted to a good standard and that all books and work are returned to school each day as they are needed for class lessons.
Maths Parent Meetings:
A big thank you to all who attended last term.The focus this term are on Multiplication and Division strategies. Please don’t be shy and get yourself involved and join us in unlocking what this maths thinking is all about! If meeting times do not suit then please arrange a more suitable time with your class teacher and their team of Lead Parents.
The winter uniform will need to be worn for all students at the start of the third week of Term 2. Please ensure your child is wearing the correct uniform and has their P.E. uniform at school everyday. Children need plain black shorts (no stripes or monograms). Remember we do not allow any nail polish or jewellery apart from a pair of stud earrings and a watch. Hair should be tied up in the school colours.
Could you also please check to see that all clothing and footwear is clearly named as this enables us to return any articles of clothing that may be misplaced. All children must bring a note if they are not wearing the correct uniform.
The following has been scheduled for our sports exchanges. Only children chosen for these teams will be involved. A note will be given out to those who have been selected. Most exchanges will start around 1.15p.m. and around at 2.20 p.m.
Thursday 5th May Sports Exchange vs Puhinui Start 1.15pm
At Holy Cross: Netball A, B, C & D, Soccer girls
At Puhinui: Rugby U40kg, Soccer A & B, Netball E & F
Thursday 19th May Sports Exchange vs East Start 1.10pm
At Holy Cross: Netball A, B, C & D, Soccer A & B
At East: Rugby U40kg & U50kg, Soccer girls, Netball E & F
Thursday 26th May Sports Exchange vs Central Start 1.30pm
At Holy Cross: Netball A & B
At Central: Rugby U40kg, Netball C, D, E & F
At Papatoetoe Rec Ground: Soccer girls, Soccer A&B
Thursday 2nd June Sports Exchange vs North Start 1.10pm
At Holy Cross: Netball A, B, C & D, Soccer A & B
At North: Rugby U40kg & U50kg, Netball, E & F, Soccer girls
Thursday 9th June Sports Exchange vs SDA Start 1.15pm
At SDA: Soccer A & B,
At HCS Netball, E and F, Soccer girls
Games vs North and East require $1 from all teams to assist with transport costs.
Rugby – need a moulded mouthguard, plain black shorts.
Soccer – need plain black shorts.
Netball – girls wear their uniforms and netball footwear.
Netball teams – A = 6A, B = 6B, C = 5A, D = 5B, E = 6C, F – 5C
The Reading Degree is designed to encourage your child to read a lot more, and to hopefully, get enjoyment out of reading. All children should have a booklet explaining how to achieve the different degrees offered. A graduation ceremony will be held in Week 10.
Yours Sincerely,The Manaakitanga Syndicate.
Sarda Pancha (Room 20), Shaun Ginders (Room 21) & Bryan ‘Ofamo’oni (Room 22 and Senior Teacher).