Here is a copy of the Harinui Learning Plan for Family/Whanau to know ‘what’s up’ this term! Please talk, talk, talk, about the different topics with your child to help them in their learning journey.
2016 – Term 2 Harinui Syndicate Learning Plan
|Oral / Writing – Personal Experience
- share ideas and use visuals to describe and relate personal experiences
- Think of a relevant title
- Use letter knowledge/sounds to record ideas (oral and / or written)
- Share our work with others
|Tena koutou katoa:
This is an outline of the learning areas to be covered this term, with the broad learning intentions in each area. The statements give you a general idea of the curriculum skills and learning your child will engage in during this term.
Jan de Koning, Ann O’Grady and Anna Bucheler
- Continue to develop a love of Reading
- Identify, find and decode words
- Develop fluency and expression
|Topic / Social Science – Keeping
ourselves and those we love safe
- Safe practices and actions at home, school and in the community.
|Physical Education – Keep fit and healthy
- Jump rope, heart healthy games.
- Running and vigorous actions to music.
|Numeracy – Number
- Learn about number, order and sequence to 100
- Joining and separating sets
|Topic / Health – Personal Health
- Personal responsibility eg, eating, fitness.
- Caregivers eg Doctor, Dentist
|Social & Communication
- socialise appropriately with others
- engage in and use appropriate conversational skills
- take turns in a conversation or game.
|Numeracy – Measurement
- Unconventional units in simple measurement tasks
|Topic /Science – Planet Earth and
- Share ideas about the stars
- Develop an understanding of Matariki
|Key Competency – Managing Self
- do things for myself
- to take care of my own belongings
|The Arts – Music
- Participate in singing waiata/songs
- Drama and role play
|The Arts – Visual
- Experience using a range of art mediums
|Key Competency – Relating to Others
- following simple social rules
- play with others (sharing / taking turns)
- Prayer Learn the structure of the Rosary and participate reverently in prayer.
- Jesus Jesus’ life as a child, He is our brother Holy Spirit The Spirit of God in our lives
- Liturgical Year Participate in liturgical celebrations – Easter, Ascension, Pentecost