What an adventure this year is starting with! The Harinui syndicate with 19 students on the first day have moved in to their new Innovative Learning Space. The widening of two openings between Rooms 2, 2a and 3 have made flow between rooms smooth and simple. Our three teachers, Mrs Jan de Koning (Senior Teacher), Mrs Ann O’Grady (DRS) and Mrs Anna Bucheler, are eager to meet the challenge of planning and working collegially within the syndicate.
Do keep in touch an let us know how you like the programme this year. You can e mail any of us email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com and we will check our emails before and after school to receive any messages.
We plan to send home soon a small pink notebook in the student’s book bags as a family/school communication book. Feel free to write in it and ask your child to hand it to us in the morning so we can read and reply to the message. This is an alternative to e mails.
A few reminders:
- Plain water only at school (not juice, flavoured water or flavoured milk please.) Holy Cross is a ‘Water School.’
- There is an assembly at 2.50pm on Friday 5th in the school hall to welcome new students and staff. The new school leaders will also be presented and congratulated. You are welcome to attend.
- Please either e mail Mrs de Koning so she has your address or write it onto the form in the classroom before/after school in the next few days so she can make up a parent group for messages.
- Help your child become independent and remind them they should be organised and bring their book bag, scrapbooks, readers and hat every day.
- Parents of girls – they are allowed to wear a pair of black bike shorts under their dresses. This helps them be more comfortable when moving and playing in the outside and within classroom.
- Please read with and to your child every day!!!
Welcome to all the students of Harinui Syndicate, we are sure you will enjoy learning and playing with all your new friends at Holy Cross Catholic School.