Term 4 October 2015
GREETINGS TO ALL PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS AND CAREGIVERS
Welcome to our final term for 2015.
This is yet another busy term with a lot of special events mixed in with our usual blend of the full range of curricula and a variety of sports.
We have a field trip to Mangere Mountain as part of our Science topic on volcanoes. We will need parent help so if you are able to assist us then it would be much appreciated.
The following is an overview of the topics we will be covering this term;
- Communion of Saints Module
- Advent / Christmas
- Character description.
Letter Formation and Developing the Cursive Style.
You Can Spell Programme.
Planet Earth and Beyond: Volcanoes
Keeping Ourselves Safe
Sports: Girls Quickhit cricket, Auckland Champs Cricket, School Athletics, Papatoetoe Zone Athletics.
- SPECIAL EVENTS.
- Wed 14th October STAR Tests
- Thu 15th October Didjeribone Spectacular
- Thu 15th October Netball Prizegiving
- Fri 16th October Full School Mass
- Wed 21st October Girls’ Quickhit Tournament
- Thu 22nd October Mangere Mountain Trip
- Mon 26th October Labour Day.
- Tue 27th October Swimming Lessons Start.
- Wed 28th October Girls’ Quickhit Tournament saving day
- Thu 29th October Fair mufti day
- Thu 29th October Papatoetoe cricket lessons
- Fri 30th October All Saints Day full school Mass.
- Thur 5th November School Athletics Day at Omana Park
- Thu 5th November PACT Chess Tournament.
- Fri 6th November Athletics saving day.
- Sat 7th November School Fair.
- Tue 17th November Papatoetoe Zone Athletics at Omana Park.
- Thu 19th November Athletics Saving Day.
- Tue 21st November Athletics Saving Day 2.
- Wed 25th-27th November Year 6 Camp.
- Thu 26th November Year 6 overnight stay.
- Fri 27th November Manaakitanga Syndicate Mass.
- Fri 27th November Ukulele Festival at Trusts Stadium.
- Sun 29th November Parish Mass
- Wed 2nd December Talent Quest
- Thu 3rd December Cricket Auckland Champs at Eden Park
- Fri 4th December Water Safety year 6
- Fri 4th December Cultural Festival
- Tue 8th December Last day for swimming lessons.
- Wed 9th December Year 5-8 Prizegiving 1.30pm in the hall.
- Thu 10th December Year 6 Boys and Year 8 Girls’ Graduation 7pm in the hall.
- Fri 11th December Gifting Mass
- Mon 14th December Year 6 Boys and Year 8 Girls Leavers’ Assembly.
- Tue 15th December End of Year Full School Mass
This is an extension of the school day and all children will be expected to complete reading, spelling, basic facts and specific activities each night as directed by their class teacher. Please ensure all tasks are attempted and all books and work are returned to school each day as they are needed for class lessons.
All children should be in full summer uniform after Labour Day. Only Year 6 boys may wear shoes and socks. The rest should be in sandals. Hats are a part of the summer uniform and should be worn at school breaks during Term 4.
Please ensure that your child is wearing the correct uniform and has their P.E. uniform at school everyday. Children need plain black shorts (no stripes or monograms). Remember we do not allow any nail polish or jewellery apart from a pair of stud earrings and a watch. Hair should be tied up in the school colours.
Could you also please check to see that all clothing and footwear is clearly named as this enables us to return any articles of clothing that may be misplaced. All children must bring a note if they are not wearing the correct uniform.
AFTER SCHOOL SPORT
We have Counties-Manukau Sports take after school sessions for American football, Touch, Cricket and Softball.
We are fortunate to be fully funded for swimming lessons by the Find Your Field of Dreams Foundation. These will take place at the Otara pools on Tuesdays from Week 3 to Week 10. The children will be picked up and dropped off to school by the FYFOD bus. All children are encouraged to attend ALL sessions.
Thank you for your continued support.
Kindest Regards and God’s Blessings,
The Manaakitanga Syndicate.
Sarda Pancha (Rm 20), Shaun Ginders(Rm 21), & Bryan ‘Ofamo’oni (Senior Teacher Rm 22).