John 10 : 11 – 18
14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”
Please read with your family and Discuss these questions:
1. What does a shepherd take care of?
2. Does a good shepherd lay down his life for the sheep?
3. What do you think this means?
4. What does a hired hand do when he or she sees the wolf coming?
5. What happens to a flock of sheep if there is no shepherd?
6. In our Bible story, does the good shepherd know his sheep?
7. Do the sheep know the good shepherd?
8. How are we like sheep?
9. Do we have a good shepherd? Who is our Good Shepherd?