Term 4 October 2014
GREETINGS TO ALL PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS AND CAREGIVERS
Welcome to our final term for 2014.
This is yet another busy term with a lot of special events mixed in with our usual blend of the full range of curricula and a variety of sports.
We have a field trip to the Arataki Centre in the Waitakere Ranges as part of our Science topic on the native bush. We will need parent help, so if you are able to assist us on the day for the trip then it would be much appreciated.
The following is an overview of the topics we will be covering this term;
- Communion of Saints Module
- Advent / Christmas
- Character description.
Letter Formation and Developing the Cursive Style.
You Can Spell Programme.
The Living World: The Native Bush
Conservation: The Native Bush
Printing and 3D art
Small ball skills
Sports: Auckland Champs Cricket, School Athletics, Papatoetoe Zone Athletics.
Playing and reading simple melodies on the recorder.
Thank you mihi
- SPECIAL EVENTS.
- Mon 13th October Cricket lessons start.
- Fri 17th October Full School Mass
- Tue 21st October School Athletics Day at Omana Park
- Wed 22nd October Girls’ Quickhit cricket tournament.
- Thur 23rd October Athletics saving day.
- Fri 24th October Arataki Centre Trip.
- Mon 27th October Labour Day.
- Thur 30th October Mufti Day.
- Fri 31st October All Saints Day Mass.
- Mon 3rd November Photolife Class and Team photos.
- Mon 3rd November Last day for cricket lessons.
- Fri 7th November Friday afternoon cricket starts at the Papatoetoe Sport Centre.
- Sat 8th November School Fair.
- Tue 18th November Papatoetoe Zone Athletics at Omana Park.
- Wed 19th November Cricket Auckland Champs at Eden Park
- Thu 20th November Athletics Saving Day.
- Tue 25th November Athletics Saving Day 2.
- Wed 26th-28th November Year 6 Camp.
- Thu 27th November Year 6 overnight stay.
- Mon 1st December Rainbow’s End for school service.
- Wed 3rd December Carol Cultural Service.
- Fri 5th December Gifting Mass
- Thur 11th December Year 6 Boys and Year 8 Girls Leavers’ Assembly.
- Thur 11th December Year 6 Boys and Year 8 Girls’ Graduation 7pm in the hall.
- Fri 12th December Reports sent home.
- Mon 15th December Year 6 Boys and Year 8 Girls Leavers’ Assembly.
- Tues 16th December End of Year Full School Mass
This is an extension of the school day and all children will be expected to complete reading, spelling, basic facts and specific activities each night as directed by their class teacher. Please ensure all tasks are attempted and all books and work are returned to school each day as they are needed for class lessons.
All children should be in full summer uniform after Labour Day. Only Year 6 boys may wear shoes and socks. The rest should be in sandals. Hats are a part of the summer uniform and should be worn at school breaks during Term 4.
Please ensure that your child is wearing the correct uniform and has their P.E. uniform at school everyday. Children need plain black shorts (no stripes or monograms). Remember we do not allow any nail polish or jewellery apart from a pair of stud earrings and a watch. Hair should be tied up in the school colours.
Could you also please check to see that all clothing and footwear is clearly named as this enables us to return any articles of clothing that may be misplaced. All children must bring a note if they are not wearing the correct uniform.
We are fortunate to have the Papatoetoe Cricket club give four lessons for each class on small ball and cricket skills. These will take place in the first four weeks of the Term.
As part of the Year 6 Education Outside the Classroom programme we also have Water Safety lessons (kayaking, snorkeling, life boats, life jackets) at the Papatoetoe Pools. We are waiting for confirmation dates. Year 6 students will be informed at a later date.
Thank you for your continued support.
Kindest Regards and God’s Blessings,
The Manaakitanga Syndicate.
Sarda Pancha (Room 14), Sean Moran(Room 16), & Bryan ‘Ofamo’oni (Senior Teacher Room 15).