Welcome to all our students in the Aroha Syndicate, and their families. Our teachers this year are:
Mrs Donna Roberts Room 1
Mrs Nola Lucre Room 1a (ajoining the hall)
Mrs Jan de Koning Room 2
Mrs Anna Bucheleur Room 2a
Miss Kate Lang Room 3
We would like all family members to feel welcome visiting our rooms to look at children’s work and sharing in exploring the activities and games within the class, before and after school. If you would like to spend any length of time talking with your child’s teacher please request a suitable interview time. Teachers like to be able to talk about our shared goals.
Has your child been reading regularly over the holidays? Now is the time to support them in
1) Reading their school reader every night
2) Revising their basic vocabulary of 40 words
3) Reading through their RE or Reading Scrapbook if it comes home (Usually once a week)
4) Talking about their day at school and encouraging them to share what they have learned.
This term we are beginning with a “Prayer” unit in RE:
1) We are learning how to pray by talking and listening to God.
2)We are learning to sit quietly and still at prayer time.
3) We are learning about different places where people can pray.
In Social Sciences we are enjoying “Belonging to Holy Cross Catholic School”
Our Assessment Rubrics is:
1) I can name and draw important people in the school.
2) I know how Holy Cross pupils are different from other Paptoetoe School pupils.
3) I can name class rules.
4) I can name school rules.
Further updates and photos to follow.