During the last 3 weeks we have been studying ‘Celebrating the Eucharist’ which helped us to prepare for our syndicate Mass.HOLY CROSS VALUES:
Human Dignity (love) Service (joy)
CONTEXT: Preparation, participation and celebration of the Eucharist.
Confident– Students are positive in their own identity, motivated and reliable.
Inclusion – to ensure that student’s identities, languages, abilities and talents are recognised and affirmed and that their learning needs are addressed.
RELATING TO OTHERS –
We learn & work effectively and co-operatively with others
PARTICIPATING & CONTRIBUTING –
People at Holy Cross Catholic School are special & have different roles.
We have the confidence to participate as part of a team.
We share our special gifts of the Holy Spirit with others.
DAILY ACTIVITIES WE HAVE COMPLETED IN CLASS:
- Learning and singing songs
- Learning and performing Liturgical Dance
- Auditioning for solos
- Prayer reading
- Bible reading
- Art work
- Sharing and celebrating student’s gifts of the Holy Spirit
- Role Plays of the Holy Spirit
- How to show respect when celebrating the Eucharist
- Explaining the Rituals of the Eucharist
- Preparing for solos – posture, articulation, confident manner, respect.
- Writing recounts about their experiences
- Songs and prayers in scrapbooks
- Oral language
More photos to come…keep watching this space!